Fascinated by software technology since young, I created my first webpages on geocities and angelfire when I was about 11 (circa year 2000).
After endeavoring on a couple of freelance website projects, the first major project I successfully completed was implementing an infosys management system for the military while in conscription. I was responsible and accountable for everything from gathering user requirements via on-the-job training, to negotiating and persuading the initiation of said project, to designing and developing the system from scratch in PHP, MySQL, jQuery, and setting up an intranet network for the system.
Afraid that I couldn’t catch up with technology after 2 years in the military, I almost gave up the tech career path. Yet ironically it was exactly the opportunity that I seized in the military which convinced me of my calling to a career in technology field, despite having graduated with a masters degree in accounting.
On hindsight, it is precisely I am armed with this dual skill set, that I am fully capable of understanding layman requirements and real world problems, and confidently translating them into actionable and practical solutions.
Since learning more is never bad, I am also fluent in the Japanese language. 🙂
I enjoy working with small teams where members are passionate and driven to create products of high value.
I gather requirements from layman users and translate into technical specifications. I map complex process flows into easy-to-understand application logic to aid technical development of complex products.
I am passionate in solving problems whether it has to be brainstorming with team members or coming up with solutions by myself.
I like driving process improvement initiatives to maximize productivity.
Recently got to explore this and fell in love with it immediately.
Eternally grateful to have achieved 初段 (first degree black belt) in 2016 at Japan’s 暁會 after a few years at Singapore’s 心柔會.
Only because I want to overcome my acrophobia.
Don’t get to do this much since there’s never winter where I live, but would seize the opportunity to play when I can.
Transcripts available on request
6 countries visited
created 1st html webpage at 11 years old in year 2000
vtsuki.net since 2006
Icons by Icons8
Always striving to maximize productivity by closing the gap between business requirements and engineering capabilities, I have 4+ years of professional experience in the technology field; working in a full spectrum of specialties from managing projects, leading small teams, integrating systems, developing specifications and programming.
Aug 2018 – Current
Shimadzu (Asia Pacific)
- Mobile App (iOS, Android)
- Successfully completed 3 project phases (initial release, enhancement, new feature releases)
- Met internal compliance requirement by matching reported information against GPS data
- Eliminated turnaround time in collecting data by digitalization
- New sets of data for business and compliance analyses
- Data integrations
- Eliminated manual work required by business users e.g. calling/emailing third-party Warehouse staff
Dec 2016 – Jul 2018
Koei Tecmo Singapore
- Released over 40 game content updates in Taiwan and China markets
- Elevated DAU via 3 cross-game collaborations
- Maximized ARPPU through sales events between game updates
Aug 2014 – Jul 2016
Coordinator for International Relations
Miyazaki City Hall, Japan
- Presented seminar on “Advice on Everyday Living in Miyazaki” to new JET participants
- Language interpreter for the City Mayor in the “Local Visits by Ambassadors to Japan” event held in Miyazaki City (organized by Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Japan)
- Language interpreter for the officials of US and CN sister cities
Planned and held over 7 international cultural events such as Japanese Tea Ceremony and Singapore Cooking Class with an average 40 participant count
Sep 2009 – Sep 2011
Singapore Armed Forces
- Designed, developed and delivered web-based Information Management System
- Reduced work by 540 man-hour per month
- Secure environment by use of intranet infrastructure
- Data backup by use of available redundant resources
- P5 Advanced Performance Management
- P7 Advanced Audit and Assurance