Fascinated by software technology since young, I created my first webpages on geocities and angelfire when I was about 11 (circa year 2000).
After endeavoring on a couple of freelance website projects, the first major project I successfully completed was implementing an infosys management system for the military while in conscription. I was responsible and accountable for everything from gathering user requirements via on-the-job training, to negotiating and persuading the initiation of said project, to designing and developing the system from scratch in PHP, MySQL, jQuery, and setting up an intranet network for the system.
Afraid that I couldn’t catch up with technology after 2 years in the military, I almost gave up the tech career path. Yet ironically it was exactly the opportunity that I seized in the military which convinced me of my calling to a career in technology field, despite having graduated with a masters degree in accounting.
On hindsight, it is precisely I am armed with this dual skill set, that I am fully capable of understanding layman requirements and real world problems, and confidently translating them into actionable and practical solutions.
Since learning more is never bad, I am also fluent in the Japanese language. 🙂
I enjoy working with small teams where members are passionate and driven to create products of high value.
I gather requirements from layman users and translate into technical specifications. I map complex process flows into easy-to-understand application logic to aid technical development of complex products.
I am passionate in solving problems whether it has to be brainstorming with team members or coming up with solutions by myself.
I like driving process improvement initiatives to maximize productivity.
Recently got to explore this and fell in love with it immediately.
Eternally grateful to have achieved 初段 (first degree black belt) in 2016 at Japan’s 暁會 after a few years at Singapore’s 心柔會.
Only because I want to overcome my acrophobia.
Don’t get to do this much since there’s never winter where I live, but would seize the opportunity to play when I can.
Transcripts available on request
6 countries visited
created 1st html webpage at 11 years old in year 2000
vtsuki.net since 2006
Icons by Icons8
Always striving to maximize productivity by closing the gap between business requirements and engineering capabilities, I have 4+ years of professional experience in the technology field; working in a full spectrum of specialties from managing projects, leading small teams, integrating systems, developing specifications and programming.
Aug 2018 – Current
Shimadzu (Asia Pacific)
- Delivered product installation tracking and service management Mobile App project
- Over 3,000 hours in project management, tech lead and business systems analyst roles (3 full SDLC)
- Target 600 users in Asia Pacific
- Moderate complexity
- Procured development resources
- Designed process flows and internal system integrations
- Reviewed cloud infrastructure and DB design
- Gathered and translated user requirements
- Managed stakeholder expectations
- Tech involved: React Native, NodeJS, MySQL, Google Maps, AWS, Cloudflare, Branch, SFTP, python
- Completed data integration with third-party Warehouse system
- Gathered user requirements and proposed GUI
- Reviewed system specifications such as process flows and data sources
- Coordinated with HQ IT team members for:
- Inbound goods information
- Receipt of serial numbers of outbound goods
- Completed IFRS15 feature integration into Oracle EBS
- Investigated and resolved Order Management and Finance module discrepancies
- Conducted user trainings on new workflow operations
- Drove process improvement initiatives
- Implemented JIRA software for the department
- Managed system user access on SharePoint
- Developed and reviewed system specifications
- System process flows, ADD, ERD, SRS
- Data exchange between Mobile App and Oracle EBS
- Data exchange between Oracle EBS and Warehouse
Dec 2016 – Jul 2018
Koei Tecmo Singapore
- Managed project deliverables by coordinating with team members to deliver to external game publishers
- Managed schedule of in-game events and cross-game collaborations
- Managed communications between TW, CN, SG and JP teams
- Increased project productivity through task flow automation scripts (Excel Macros)
- Resolved bug reports timely and satisfactorily
- Worked with Lotus Notes, Redmine, Excel
Aug 2014 – Jul 2016
Coordinator for International Relations
Miyazaki City Hall, Japan
- Delivered community projects for the promotion of internationalization in Miyazaki City
- Provided interpretation for city mayor at tourism promotion events and for foreign residents of Miyazaki City
- Provided official translations for city publications, foreign correspondences
- Assisted in product showcase planning for Miyazaki Products Fair in Singapore
Sep 2009 – Sep 2011
Singapore Armed Forces
- Designed, developed and delivered a web-based Information Management System
- About 400 man-hour development effort in personnel, inventory, visit and location management
- Target 5 users maintaining data of over 400 personnel
- Moderate complexity, on-premise infrastructure
- Gathered requirements
- Demonstrated proof of concept
- Designed UI and programmed system
- Set up intranet infrastructure
- Implemented solution
- Tech involved: PHP, MySQL, jQuery
- P5 Advanced Performance Management
- P7 Advanced Audit and Assurance